Monday, February 3, 2014

BIRTHDAY DINNER FOR BRETT


The whole day celebration of Brett's birthday ended in an evening dinner In Patio Vera, Marikina. My sister made a reservation for a group of 15, a family gathering. Some of the invited were at the venue when we got there.

 It was my first time in Patio Vera. I have read about it in some blogs and the reviews were most particular of the place. First thing that strucked me was the  location of the resto. If not of the staffs who were outside to help and welcome diners, I will never know that there is going on in that particular spot. Patio Vera is along a residential street and I was informed later that it was actually a  residential house turned into a dining haven.





Our reservation was an indoor table..behind was a white wall with mirrors, frames, lamps on it. I can't help but be astounded of the things surrounding the table, vintage stuffs like vintage shoes, old lamps, vintage chairs etc.These are the things I love. Even our tables, one was made of capiz windows and the other table was made of aged woods.. they just put a glass on top of it, and it was a nice piece already. I liked it so much. I was so thrilled of what to see...I was so eager to look around but then food was served already..





















Food:
Patio Vera serves crackers along with a dip as appetizer.  To add to that, we ordered for gambas as we  wait for the main menu.  Chicken Binakol served as our soup.  Chicken Binakol is like a tinola only that binakol has shredded coconut on it.  Main dish includes callos ala vera, pork humba which did not pass my palate because of the taste of anise on it, chicken pipino the favorite of the group, chopsuey for our veggies and paella mariscus my personal favorite. The food I would say was superb, again I love particulary the paella mariscus.  It was loaded with seafoods  from clams to squid to prawns and veggies too.  A complete meal actually.  Dessert was the fried halo halo. It is basically like turon, but instead of just banana..most of the ingredients of halo halo like beans, ube, leche flan, banana are wrapped and instead of scrumbbled ice, they put vanilla ice cream inside.  While the guys are having their beer, we decided to explore the place.

 
  Luckily we met the grandson of the owner of the place so he ushered us inside the house.  I was flabbergasted with their collection of antiques. So when I commented on their huge collection, the grandson informed me that it came from their individual different collections. I fell in love again with this wood door which I was informed they  got from an old church.



































As to the outside setting, there are  comfy coaches under big tents, surrounded by plants and trees and again vintage stuffs, with candles and garden lights, make an outdoor dinner cozy and or romantic if with your special someone.





 
The owners are very accommodating. Patio Vera is definitely among my "go to" place. I will definitely refer this to friends. No one should miss out a cozy and good food in one place... and it is just within the city. Prices are reasonable, service was satisfying and for vintage lovers like me, such a thrill to see things I love in a place like patio Vera.
Best way of ending the all day celebration of Brett, was being with the family.  I know family matters to him, so I am sure that he will consider this birthday as happy one too.









No comments: