Sunday, February 8, 2015

DESPEDIDA PARTY (Feb 2015)



Another opportunity to explore ..USA this time. In few days time I will be leaving for US. I have heard, read   everything and anything about this country and even heard first hand experiences how its like to live there, from some members of the family who are based in Ca.
Moving to another country could be an issue for some because of uncertainty of what its like in that place.  Fear of the unknown. We are unsure of what will happen and we are scared of that.  Could be exciting too because it could mean moving forward, new experiences and chances.

I have no issue relocating.  I always say.."things happen".  Good or bad we have no choice but to deal with it.  Having an open mind would be a great help in understanding the culture, the people of different races.  As for me this is a chance to be with the family, with my parents. This is the best time to serve and help them.  All the other reasons are secondary. So yea, I am migrating to the US and going to embrace what holds for me there.  And the motivation is  to be reunited with the family.



Few days ago, I was touched with the surprise despedida (farewell) party thrown by my cousins for me.  I was just home and cousins came over bringing food for the party.  Funny thing because all the utensils were stored in boxes already.  So I had to go out to buy just so we could eat.  The house was crowded, in one area there was a mahjong set, another area we played cards. There was karaoke too and the kids were in the room playing and watching tv.  Being with the family brings joy always. Now looking forward to be with the family I have in California. 





.

No comments: