Monday, January 3, 2011

SULAT RIVER



salog..is the waray word for river and refers to my favorite spot and will always be my forever favorite place to go to...and it is just at the back of our residence in Sulat.
This is where I spent most of my childhood..I remember I would sometimes have an early swim before going to school.  Then after school, would again dived here with friends.  Then weekends the kids of the town are mostly here to swim and I was one of them.  Lots of happy childhood memories happened here..how can I forget the busu busuhay(diving) from the breakwater..the busuhay from the tulay(bridge)..tarabok(to swim across the river) just going along with the current of the water and or having some patawans(plastic containers use as life vests)..or sometimes we do borrow bangka for boating.. or just be with cousins or friends in the breakwater wall.. and most of all how can I forget ..this is where I first learned how to swim...


Another time...
now that I am grown up..the salog serves another purpose to me now..I no longer swim in the river..I no longer do the busubusuhay..but I still go sit in the breakwater wall to relax..to be with nature..and be peaceful..I remember watching the last sunset of the century here(dec 31, 1999) with friends (michelle and jasmin)..this is more of my solitude now..
 

 In this life..wherever I go..i will still keep comin back to sulat and to sit in the sulat river wall after all this is my all time favorite place..
                             















No comments: