Wednesday, November 15, 2006

NANAY PRUDENs SEND OFF PARTY

Send off. Its a usual thing in the family since majority of the members are out of the country. This time nanay pruden was hosting the party for us since we are about to go back to manila the next day. We were almost complete except for some members who were unable to come.
We started with a quiet dinner, then chitchat and drinks on the side. My cousins set up the karaoke. We listened to their voices, we listened to the waray songs, we danced to the music. Everybody was having fun except nanay pruden. I could sense the sadness in her eyes while she watches us. She was right there in the center with a blank stare with what was going on in the room. We started offering songs for her. From kuya Yon toEric to Brett, kuya Steve, kuya Bebot, rosel, mana lina, mana sabel, ate wenai etc
But the most touching part is when the baldado boys (papa and uncle agus) sang the baldado anthem -pagkaurosa. We were all around them dead quiet. All I could hear were the voices of my papa and uncle agus. My tears started to flow while I watched them. I was moved because I have seen how the baldado boys loved nanay Pruden. I was so moved because I have the feeling that I may never see such scene again. And then it was nanays turn to sing her song, She sang all her favorite waray songs. We sang with her, we praised her. She liked it cause she always wanted to be praise.


But night has to end. It was time for nanay Pruden to rest. I remember each one of us kissing her goodnight. When it was my turn, I hugged her tightly hoping she could feel the love I have for her.

It was sad kissing her goodbye. I will miss you nanay.

I will miss your laughter whenever papa makes joke you. I will miss the funny experiences we had, the funny stories about you. I will miss the Sunday breakfast in your home after the mass, I will miss your "isug". I will miss buying "daster" for you, I will miss the long prayers, but most of all I will miss your love, your love that kept this family together. You will be forever in our hearts nanay Pruden.

 Your send off party?It was cool except you didn't tell us you are going too. 
  Bye nanay Pruden, I love you.

No comments: